Public Works Department
300 PARK STREET
The Public Works Department provides many services for village residents. Refuse is collected curbside, leaves are collected curbside in the fall of each year, brush is collected curbside on Wednesdays, and large rubbish is collected on the 2nd Friday of each month.
Each Tuesday = properties west of Park Street & businesses with the following additions east of Park Street.
- Buchanan Road – North of Paul Court
Each Thursday = properties east of, and including Park Street & businesses with the exceptions listed above for Tuesday.
All residents must use the 60-gallon polycart that has been provided by the village. Trash not in the cart will not be collected.
All refuse must be placed for collection by 6:30 a.m. on the day of collection, but not before 12:00 p.m. of the day preceding the regularly scheduled collection (19 hours). View Calendar.
Do not place any building materials in the polycart. Village ordinance provides that “The Village of Combined Locks does not pick up building materials–siding, roofing, plaster, ceiling tile, insulation, concrete, dirt, windows, doors, etc.”
Large Rubbish Collection:
Furniture, mattresses, carpet, and appliances are collected curbside on the 2nd Friday of each month. (Check the Recycling and Large Rubbish Calendar for specific dates). To have your appliance picked up, you must first pay the applicable fee at the Clerk’s Office. Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, and other appliances with freon or other refrigerant cost $20 each. Stoves, microwaves, washers, dryers, furnaces, etc cost $20. Propane tanks cost $5 each. There is no charge for furniture or carpet.
Leaves are collected curbside from mid-October to mid-November. Residents who want to take advantage of this service should rake leaves into the street at the curb and gutter line. Please make sure the leaf piles are kept low so that children cannot be hidden from motorists’ view and kept close to the curb so as not to interfere with traffic. No other debris (sticks, branches, or yard waste) should be placed at the curb for collection.
Brush Collection: (updated 6/20/2023)
The village has adopted this brush collection procedures to help streamline the delivery of that service.
The procedure is as follows:
- Brush is collected weekly, on Wednesdays, April through July
- Brush is collected on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month from August through October.
- The Village will collect Christmas trees after the holidays – see collection calendar for specific dates.
- Residents are required to contact the village to request collection of brush.
Residents must call or email no later than 3:00pm on the day before collection.
- All brush must be on the terrace as of 6:30am on the collection day.
Brush Collection Rules
- Curbside brush collection is provided for tree pruning only.
The service is not provided when an entire tree has been removed.
- Curbside brush collection is not provided when it has been cleared or removed from vacant land or when the property owner has paid another individual or commercial service to prune the tree(s). Petrified wood is not collected curbside but can be disposed of at the yard waste site for residents with a valid yard waste permit.
- Small brush piles, thorny brush and evergreen branches must be bundled with string/twine at a maximum of 2 feet in diameter. Brush is not to be placed in any container.
- Roots/root balls must be removed from brush. They can be placed in your regular garbage cart.
- Large brush piles are limited to 4 feet high (from ground level) by 4 feet wide and piled so that all cut ends are facing the same direction. Each 4’ x 4’ brush pile must be a minimum of 2’ away from the next pile.
- A site will be established for one month each year for residents to drop-off brush that is not collected curbside or allowed at the yard waste site. The month will be set at the discretion of the Director of Public Works and based on weather conditions.
- Failure to comply with these collection rules will result in denial of service and a municipal citation after 10 days of non-compliance.
Curbside recycling pick-up is sponsored by Outagamie County. For more information regarding recycling, household hazardous waste disposal, and landfill regulations visit Outagamie County Solid Waste Department’s website at www.RecycleMoreOutgamie.org
Also, check out the latest Tri-County Recycling Guide